Forums Cuenca Buy & Sell Firestick Help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betania_s
      Participant

We’re looking at our online streaming options and I see firesticks seem popular. I’d like someone to help me purchase and set it up. Please let me know if you can do this and the price. Thank you!

Ryan James
      Participant

Before you invest in a Firestick, check the back of your TV to make sure there is a HDMI port for the Firestick. HDMI

1. The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K plugs directly into your screen’s HDMI port (via the HDMI extender if possible for better wifi reception).
      2. Connect the Fire Stick to the power adapter (included) and plug into the wall outlet.
      3. Connect the TV Stick to the internet following the instructions on screen.

ALSO, you must have an account with Netflix, HBO, Showtime, etc. in order to use these with a Firestick. They are not included. If you have an Amazon Prime account, you can get the shows and movies for a Prime member. For the widest selection of these shows, you should use a VPN to simulate you are in the US. Otherwise, you will get “Available to you while you are traveling” and the selection is not as good.

Amazon is having Prime Day sales this month. You may want to check the sales and have one muled here. They are very easy to configure by following the on-screen instructions.

Ryan James
      Participant

I wrote a long response to this and after hitting submit, it disappeared. I am trying a second time with a simpler version.

First, make sure your TV has an HDMI port. This is where you plug in the Firestick. You also need an Internet connection.

Then play this video on your computer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38oLnI5vj5g

The whole set-up is less than 10 minutes.

WARNING: Streaming services are not included in a Firestick. You must have an account with each service you wish to use with the Firestick. The only exception is Amazon Prime, but that requires a Prime account. To get the most out of any of these, you need to use a VPN to simulate your being in the US.

Amazon is having a Prime Day this month (I believe it is July 15-17, but you should check it). Firesticks will be on sale.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.