Forums Expat Q&A Tax Back for Pensioners Reply To: Tax Back for Pensioners


Hi Max,

There are two restrictions on filing for a rebate of your sales tax. You have to be 65 years old or have a disability card. Assuming you qualify under either of these, then you need to register with SRI. No one at SRI speaks English, so you will need to have someone help you in registering. I would suggest you contact a very good Ecuadorian friend mine. Her name is Isabel Mosquera. She speaks perfect English and can help you with SRI or anything else you need help with in Cuenca. Her email address is [email protected] or 099-960-3663