Forums Expat Q&A Soon to arrive in Cuenca Reply To: Soon to arrive in Cuenca

Bernie

Chris many people live where I currently live who also had places built or found other locations. It’s a 3 story fairly new apt. building with 2 apts. on each floor. I’m going long term here because because I’m 15 min. from an olympic pool, 5 min from Fierra Libre a huge outdoor market, 8 min. from an organic coop. 15 min. from a Super Maxi and the bus stop is 150 ft. from the apt. At Fierra Libre is a major bus hub to venture anywhere in the city. Taxis are constant right out the front door. Taxi’s to El Centro tourists hangout run about $2.40 to $3.00 one way .There is a tiny market on the ground floor and Pablo and Maya are very helpful Pablo speaks English, and sees who enters the building. Safety is a concern for me, there are 3 locks you go through to get in your room. No break ins in the apts. history. DOWNSIDE, were on a busy street but 3 apts. are in backside and not a problem, for me. There are some drunks sleeping at the bus stop from time to time. Were in an Ecuadorian neighborhood not Gringoland. Bus fumes are fairly bad but that’s anywhere you go in the city. Landlord is Excellent, hot water, electricity, propane very good, 2 days in 6 months here lost water once and the electricity was out for 8 hours. Got through Airbnb, good wifi, Direct TV, washer dryer, fully furnished I believe $485.00 to $575.00 per mo.for any apt. Send me email address and I will send you photos of my 1 bedroom apt. also 2 and 3 bedroom apts.